If you are renting a car while traveling, you'll want rental car insurance. This will cover any damage to the vehicle, amongst other things.
RoamRight’s Auto Rental Insurance Plus plan gives you the protection you need when you rent a car on your trip. Often, when you rent a vehicle, the rental company will ask you to purchase their insurance. This can be expensive and provide very few benefits, and you may not have the time to review the policy to make an informed decision.
When you purchase RoamRight’s Auto Rental Insurance Plus plan before you leave on your trip, you can be confident that you’ll have coverage for your rental car – long before you even approach the rental car counter. So you can confidently decline their expensive insurance, knowing you are protected by RoamRight.
Protection Against Damage to the Rental Car
When you are traveling more than 100 miles from home and rent a car, you’ll want to make sure you are covered. RoamRight’s Auto Rental Insurance Plus policy gives you coverage for damage to the car resulting from:
- Any cause not within your control while the car is in your possession.
Looking for a full travel insurance policy in addition to rental car insurance? This coverage is available as an upgrade to many of our other
RoamRight travel insurance policies.
Before You Buy Insurance For Your Rental Car
Before you buy rental car insurance from RoamRight, we want to remind you of a few considerations:
- This product is designed for travelers, that is people who will be going at least 100 miles away from their home for trips up to 31 days.
- Coverage is not available for travelers going to Afghanistan, Costa Rica, Ireland, Jamaica, Mexico or Yemen.
- This product is only available to US citizens and permanent residents.
- This policy does not include liability coverage.
- Coverage must be purchased prior to taking possession of the car.
- This policy does not cover taxis and other vehicles for hire (e.g. Uber, Lyft).
- This coverage is not available for rentals of trucks, campers, trailers, off-road vehicles, motor bikes, motorcycles, recreational vehicles or exotic vehicles, as defined in the policy.
- Rental car insurance is not available to residents of the state of Washington.
If you will have the rental car for longer than anticipated, you can extend your coverage by purchasing a new policy BEFORE your existing policy expires.
Schedule of Coverage and Services
Download the complete policy for your state of residency.
||Maximum Limit Per Person |
||Must be traveling at least 100 miles from home. |
|Rental Collision Insurance