Trip cancellation insurance covers travel expenses from unexpected events. Get a quote for travel cancellation insurance.
What Is Trip Cancellation Insurance?
You saved for months for your upcoming trip. What happens if you suddenly can’t go? Many travel suppliers, including hotels and airlines, will not give you a full refund if you cancel your trip. That’s why trip cancellation insurance exists.
Trip cancellation insurance is the most popular feature of RoamRight’s
trip insurance plans. It can protect you from losses that may occur when you have to cancel a trip, experience travel delays, or must return home early for a covered reason.
Covered Reasons For Trip Cancellation
RoamRight’s insurance plans cover a number of reasons for trip cancellation. These may include:*
- Sickness, injury and death of you, your travel companion, your destination host, or your family
- Jury duty, subpoenaed, etc.
- Destruction of primary residence
- Traffic accident while en route to your destination
- Terrorist attack in your destination
- Revocation of military leave
- Worker’s strike
- Weather events
- Bankruptcy of your travel supplier
- Being terminated or laid off from a job
- Natural disaster
- You discover you’re pregnant
- A family member is giving birth
- The school year is unexpectedly extended
The benefit limits differ between RoamRight plans. To see which travel insurance policies fits your needs
compare RoamRight's plans.
*For a complete listing, please refer to your policy.
Optional Upgrades Give Extra Coverage
Concerned you’ll need to cancel for a reason that isn’t covered? Consider upgrading to a
Cancel For Any Reason** or
Cancel For Work Reason plan. These upgrades provide greater coverage for more protection.
**New York residents have access to similar coverage under Cancel for Fortuitous Reasons.
Plans With Trip Cancellation Insurance
Most RoamRight plans include trip cancellation insurance. These include: