What Is Trip Cancellation Insurance?
You likely saved for months for your upcoming trip. What happens if you suddenly can’t go? Many travel suppliers, including hotels and airlines, will not give you a full refund if you’ve prepaid expenses and have to cancel your trip. That’s why trip cancellation
Trip cancellation insurance is the most popular feature of Arch RoamRight’s trip insurance plans. It can protect you from losses that may occur when you have to cancel a trip,
experience travel delays, or must return home early for a covered reason.
Covered Reasons For Trip Cancellation
Arch RoamRight’s insurance plans allow for a number of covered reasons for trip cancellation. These may include:*
- Sickness, injury and death of you, your travel companion, your destination host, or your family
- Jury duty, subpoenaed, etc.
- Destruction of primary residence
- Traffic accident while en route to your destination
- Terrorist attack in your destination
- Revocation of military leave
- Worker’s strike
- Weather events
- Bankruptcy of your travel supplier
- Being terminated or laid off from a job
- Natural disaster
- You discover you’re pregnant
- A family member is giving birth
- The school year is unexpectedly extended
The benefit limits differ between Arch RoamRight plans. To see which travel insurance policies fits your needs, compare Arch RoamRight's plans.
*For a complete listing and details, please refer to your policy.
What Is Not Covered Under Trip Cancellation Insurance
There are a number of instances that are not covered reasons for trip cancellation under standard Arch RoamRight trip cancellation insurance plans.
These include, but are not limited to:†
- Changing your mind about traveling
- Less than optimal weather, such as no snow on a ski vacation, or rainstorms on a beach vacation
- War, invasions, hostilities between nations or civil war
†For a full list of exclusions, please refer to your policy.
Plans With Trip Cancellation Insurance
Most RoamRight plans include trip cancellation insurance. These include:
Articles Related to Trip Cancellation
Non-Refundable Flights & An Emergency: What To Do
Learn from a travel expert on what to do when you have to cancel your flight in an emergency. Read More ->
Why You Should Purchase Your Travel Insurance Early
There are many benefits to purchasing your travel insurance policy as early as possible, many of which center around trip cancellation. Read More ->
What To Do When Weather Impacts Your Travel
We have all been there before: trip planned, everything booked, and then a major weather event rolls through. It is a stressful situation, but as long as you do your due diligence ahead of time, you’ll be OK. Read More ->