Major Tourist Attractions: High Tatras, Aquapark Tatralandia, Slovak Paradise, Bratislava Castle, Spis Castle
Slovakia Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to Slovakia. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in Slovakia, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
Located in the very center of Central Europe, Slovakia manages to stand out due to it’s many charms. With a massive national park system, one of the fastest growing economies in Europe and the highest number of castles per capita in the world, the country
has much to offer visitors.
Although Slovakia has only been its own independent country since 1993, it has a long history, dating back to the stone age. Much of that history has been well preserved, and popular attractions include medieval towns, enormous stone castles and unique
architecture. In addition to castles and culture, Slovakia is bursting with natural beauty. Hiking and trekking are extremely popular in Slovakia's 9 national parks, which cover many unique caving sites, beautiful lakes and rivers. The High Tatras
Mountains are popular for skiing and mountain climbing.
Slovakia is a very easy country to navigate. As part of the European Union they operate on the Euro, and have an extensive train system. With vibrant history, folk culture, cuisines and nightlife, nearly everyone will find something to satisfy them here.
Some of the many unique activities found only in Slovakia include:
- Fill up on Bryndzové halušky, a national dish consisting of potato dumplings and unpasteurized sheep's milk.
- Go spelunking in one of several UNESCO listed caves.
- Visit Spiš Castle, the largest castle in Central Europe.
- Spend time relaxing in the spa town of Bardejov, with it's medieval town center.
- Enjoy a traditional Christmas Market in Bratislava.
- Try Kofola, the Slovakian version of Coca Cola.
- Strap on your hiking shoes and scale a mountain or two.
- See the unique wooden churches in northern Slovakia.
Address: P.O. Box 309
814 99 Bratislava
Phone: 421-2-5443 3338