Major Tourist Attractions: Lofoten, Preikestolen Geirangerford, Oslo Opera House, Frogner Park
Norway can easily be described as one of the most beautiful countries on earth. The vivid scenery, with striking mountains and rock formations rising up against the sea, are nothing short of spectacular. The rugged chain of mountain peaks that run the length of Norway are broken up by spectacular fjords throughout the country.
Winters here are long, lasting from about October until April, but this is made up for by the 24-hour sunlight that you’ll find during the summer months. Norwegians have learned to cope with their undulating weather and revel in both the times of clearing snow and those of basking in new summer sunshine.
The most famous cities tend to be coastal as the interior can be difficult to reach through mountains and fjords. Visitors mostly arrive by air but it is possible to catch a ferry from several neighboring countries. Travel to Norway is made easy by the bilingual Norwegians who speak fluent English. When you visit Norway you should try to fit in:
- A cruise on the fjords that criss-cross the country allowing visitors a unique viewpoint of the beautiful panoramas
- Walk to Preikestolen Rock, otherwise known as Pulpit rock, a 1333-meter precipice that rises like a phoenix from the crystal blue waters of Lysefjorden. You can take a day trip from Stavanger and then it’s a moderate walk of about 1.5 hours up and about 1 back.
- Visit Rondane National Park for a piece of wilderness that is the ideal place to escape
- Stand on the Kjerag boulder, a precarious stone wedged in a mountain crevice, and look 241m down below to nothing but a further drop of 735m into the Lysefjorden
- Visit the seaside town of Bergen and eat at the famous Fish Market
- Take a bicycle ride outside of Oslo into the fabulous network of forest trails and gravel roads
- Stroll along the Aker Brygge wharf area in Oslo and eat at one of the many restaurants or bars
- Take a boat cruise around the Oslo harbor to view life from water level
- Go north to Tromso and experience the wonder of the midnight sun
Address: Henrik Ibsens gate 48,
0244 Oslo, Norway
Phone: 47 21 30 85 40