Major Tourist Attractions: Comino, Hypogeum of Hal-Saflieni, Manoel Theatre, Tarxien Temples
Malta Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to Malta. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in Malta, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
Surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea, this group of three islands has a laid back attitude with visitors feeling like they’ve stepped back in time. Whether you came for the beach, or to marvel at historic buildings, the variety of Malta keeps people coming
back for more.
Both Malti and English are the official languages and widely spoken, making it easy for visitors. Nestled between Africa and Europe, Malta’s history include a mix of Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, Fatimids, Sicilians, Knights of St John, French and British.
Their influence can be seen in the cuisine, culture and churches that are found in every corner of the country.
Easily explored by foot, meander the alleyways or sit in one of the outdoor cafes to discover why so many expats call Malta home. As a hot-spot for European vacationers looking for a beach destination, Malta has a plenty of options for accommodations
that range from boutique apartments in resort villages to guesthouses and hotels in the cities.
Exploring the tiny country is easy with a bus system that is cheap and the method of choice for most visitors. All destinations start in Victoria for 1 pound, while ferry crossings between Malta to the white sand beaches of Gozo are regular.
Here is a list of where to explore on the Maltese Islands:
- Swim in the crystal clear waters along any of the golden sand beaches
- Dive the sunken WWII bombers or undersea caves
- Visit the Hal Saflieni Hypogeum, a 5000 year old necropolis
- Explore one of the eleven megalithic temples that date back to 3000BC
- Cruise through the Blue Grotto
- Walk the 12km Victoria Lines, old fortifications that divide the north and south
- Tour many of the towers and forts erected across the islands
- Enjoy Maltese cuisine that has been influenced by Arabic and Italian flavors
- Float in a luzzu, a Maltese fishing boat painted brightly in blue, red, and yellow with the Phoenician eye of Osiris
- Tour the silent city of Mdina
- Visit the galleries of museums in Valletta, the nation’s capital
- Check out one of the over 350 churches in the Maltese Islands
Address: Ta' Qali National Park
Attard, ATD 4000
Phone: (356) 2561 4000