Major Tourist Attractions: Berlin Wall, Neuschwanstein Castle, Europa-Park, Oktoberfest, Brandenburg Gate
Germany Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to Germany. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in Germany, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
The largest country in Central Europe, Germany
is renowned for its modern day cultural and high-tech contributions while still maintaining its very desirable “old world” charm. Even Germany’s darker and more controversial past is a big draw for visitors who come to Germany to learn about some
of the biggest historical events of our time.
One of the reasons traveling to Germany is so interesting is thanks to how decentralized it is. Each region of Germany offers travelers such varied experiences -- Bavaria’s famous Oktoberfest, the Rhine and Mosel valley wine routes, and diverse cities
like Berlin that tell such a grim story of Germany’s past yet flourish today with one of the most vibrant gay and lesbian scenes around.
Automotive enthusiasts know Germany is a powerhouse when it comes to cars, with local manufacturers like Porsche, BMV, Audi, Mercedes, and Volkswagen renowned worldwide. A drive on the Autobahn network is a dream come true for many race enthusiasts.
Cities like Munich, Frankfurt, and Berlin have large international airports, welcoming travelers from a number of locations. Ground travel within Germany is a breeze whether you are exploring the country by rail or road. Bigger cities are easier for finding
restaurants and businesses with English, while you should expect primarily German in remote villages and towns.
When you travel in Germany you can:
- Shop at some of the oldest and most recognized Christmas Markets in Europe
- Attend the most celebrated beer festival in the world, Oktoberfest
- Explore an endless number of stunning castles, including Neuschwanstein, said to be the inspiration behind Walt Disney’s theme park castles
- Take a drive on the Romantic Road, one of Germany’s best scenic routes
- Bike the Black Forest
- Visit the Cologne Cathedral, one of the tallest cathedrals in the world
- Release your inner child at Volkswagen Autostadt, a theme park for auto enthusiasts
- Devour many of the traditional German specialties like wurst (sausage), schnitzel and spatzle
- Enjoy a glass of Germany’s famed Riesling wines along the Rhine River
Visit the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin and tour sections of the Berlin wall still intact
Address: Clayallee 170
Federal Republic of Germany