Get your quote for seniors travel insurance, which allows you to travel knowing you have the medical coverage you need for a safe trip.
Why Do Seniors Need Travel Insurance?
Seniors have special needs when it comes to travel insurance – so RoamRight has tailored travel insurance plans just for our senior travelers.
Sometimes traditional medical insurance doesn't adequately cover you when you’re abroad and Medicare and Medicaid programs don't provide any coverage outside the United States. Because many seniors rely on these programs, they can run into complications or excessive emergency medical expenses when they travel.
Fortunately, our seniors travel insurance with medical coverage can fill in the gaps, providing emergency medical care worldwide (except for Afghanistan and Yemen). Arch RoamRight seniors travel insurance plans with trip protection and medical coverage are great for anyone who’s over 65 years old and traveling. There is even a waiver for the pre-existing medical conditions exclusion in some Arch RoamRight plans if certain criteria is met.
Seniors may also be interested in other benefits of senior travel insurance such as trip cancellation, which will reimburse you for non-refundable tickets and deposits toward the trip, and trip interruption, which will provide the same benefits plus reimbursement for return airfare to get you home. In addition, all Arch RoamRight products, including seniors travel insurance plans, feature a 14-day money-back guarantee period, so you can continue to evaluate the coverage for a limited time after you purchase.
By purchasing a seniors travel insurance plan with coverages for trip protection and medical emergencies, you can take a step towards enjoying your dream vacation, no matter your age. For assistance choosing your coverage level, our representatives are standing by to help you. Contact Arch RoamRight today.
What Kind of Things Can Go Wrong For Senior Travelers?
Senior travelers have a special set of circumstances that make traveling more difficult:
- Most standard domestic health insurance policies, including Medicare, do not provide coverage outside of the United States, making a health emergency overseas expensive
- Pre-existing conditions can make health unpredictable and jeopardize travel plans
- Special accommodations due to a medical emergency, such as upgraded flight seating or special hotel rooms, can drive up travel costs
- Deaths of family members, traveling companions, or traveling companions’ family members can cause travel dates to shift
Seniors are also subjected to the same travel complications that all other travelers experience:
- Cancelled or delayed flights can leave you stranded in the airport or force you to miss pre-paid activities
- Lost, damaged, or stolen luggage can put you in a foreign place without a change of clothes or other essentials
- A natural disaster in your destination can leave your planned lodging uninhabitable
These examples are just a few difficulties travelers face every day, and it is highly recommended that you read the policy details of your seniors travel insurance plan before purchasing to understand your coverages, benefits, and time triggers.
When Should You Buy Senior Travel Insurance?
It is highly recommended that seniors purchase travel insurance prior to every planned trip, especially when traveling overseas.
It is important for seniors to purchase their travel insurance coverage as soon as they start paying for a trip, so that they are eligible for early purchase benefits, which includes the Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion waiver.
The Pre-Existing Conditions Exclusion waiver can result in additional coverage to the trip cancellation and trip interruption benefits when it comes to pre-existing medical conditions. This applies to medical conditions affecting the insured, their traveling companion (insured or uninsured), or either of their family members.
To be eligible for the Pre-Existing Conditions Exclusion waiver, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Purchase your travel insurance plan within 21 days of making your first trip payment;
- Insure the entire non-refundable cost of your trip;
- Must not be disabled† from travel at the time your premium is paid; and
- This must be your first and only booking for this same time period and destination.
†For definitions, please refer to the policy.
This may be available under the Arch RoamRight Pro and Pro Plus travel insurance plans at no additional cost.