Major Tourist Attractions: Coral Bay, Tombs of the Kings, Kykkos Monastery, Cape Greco, Aphrodite Hills
Cyprus Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to Cyprus. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in Cyprus, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
The political situation in Cyprus is complicated, but the country's charms are not. Located in the heart of the Mediterranean, Cyprus embodies many of the area's best charms- the dry heat, the importance of quality delicious food and the warm, inviting
The Republic of Cyprus is the name of the independent portion of Cyprus while North Cyprus is the Turkish occupied part of the island, which is administered completely separately. For traveling purposes they are essentially two separate places. Open hostilities
between the two territories have ceased and now that Cyprus is a member of the European Union, all areas are safe for visitors.
Recent turmoil aside, Cyprus has scores of history, with thousand-year old cities and ancient ruins that range from Roman back to Neolithic times. It's also naturally beautiful with many relaxing beach resorts. The cuisine is a delightful mix of Southern
European, Balkan and Middle Eastern influences, with an emphasis on seafood.
As Cyprus is part of the EU, travel is open and accessible. The most reliable form of transportation is bus, but car rentals are also possible. English is widely spoken among the tourism industry and summer is considered the most popular time to explore
Some of the many unique activities found only in Cyprus include:
- Enjoy opulent meals of meze, Cypriot style tapas.
- Visit ancient ruins that date back to the stone age.
- View the “green line” that divides the capital city of Nicosia between Turkish Cyprus and the Republic.
- Visit the Troodoos mountains, home of 9 UNESCO world heritage sites.
- Relax next to the clear waters of Fig Leaf Bay.
- Visit Larnaca, a city over 6,000 years old.
- Experienced divers can explore the wreck of the Zenobia, a fully loaded cargo ferry that sunk in 1980.
Address: Metochiou & Ploutarchou Street
Phone: (357) 22-39-3939