Major Tourist Attractions: Arenal Volcano, Manuel Antonio National Park, Corcovado National Park, Celeste River, National Theatre of Costa Rica
Costa Rica Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to Costa Rica. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in Costa Rica, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
About Costa Rica
Known for their sustainable and
eco-tourism efforts, traveling to Costa Rica is a must for all travelers. Microclimates are found throughout the countryside with colder cloud-forests filled with organic coffee farms and lowland beaches brimming with the calls of howler monkeys.
Costa Rica is hailed as a nature lover’s playground and an adventure traveler’s
haven. Relax in 5-star/5-leaf resorts
, take a canopy tour, zipline through the rainforest, learn how to surf, or go whitewater rafting. The adventure options are as bountiful as the lush countryside.
In the 1980s and ‘90s, Costa Rica led the ecotourism movement around the world and even today nearly half of all visitors are there for the unique
biodiversity the country offers. Although it’s a small country, representing just .03% of the world’s landmass, it contains 5% of the world's biodiversity. That’s an amazing level of natural diversity and Costa Rica has worked hard to showcase it
in ways that are both responsible and ethical.
The greenest country in the world is also a mostly stable and safe one to visit. While many neighboring countries underwent intense periods of political strife and turmoil, Costa Rica managed to avoid these events. With a strong economy regionally and
an understanding of the importance of tourism, travel to Costa Rica is both fun and safe.
- Walk through the cloud forests amongst monkeys, sloths, tapirs, and wild cats.
- Enjoy some of the best bird watching in the world.
- Hang ten at one of the many great surf spots on the coast
- Costa Rica is famous for its ziplines and you’ll find them everywhere
- Test your strength river rafting
- Visit one of the most active volcanoes in the world, Volcan Arenal
- Let loose in the beach-front town of Dominical
- Sample the national dish, gallo pinto: mixed rice and beans served with eggs and tortillas.
- Go for a swim under one of the hundreds of waterfalls around the country.
Address: Calle 98 Vía 104
Pavas, San José
Phone: (506) 2519-2000
From the U.S.: 011-506-2519-200