And Why You Should Have It
What is travel insurance? It's protection for your trip - and your health - if an emergency occurs. Get travel insurance information from RoamRight.
What is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance helps protect the financial costs you have paid into your trip as well as provides medical coverage for when you are traveling.
Traveling without insurance can be a bit of a gamble. If someone in your family gets sick or bad weather closes the airport for the day, you could lose any non-refundable deposits you’ve made for your trip. If you experience a medical emergency, you may
need to be transferred to a better hospital. These situations happen more often than you’d think – and are costly when they do!
What Does Travel Insurance Cover?
While specific policies may vary, travel insurance generally covers:
- Money lost due to trip cancellations, interruptions, or delays that are caused by a covered reason
- Emergency medical care and evacuations in the event of unexpected illness or injury
Most plans also include a non-insurance component, often referred to as “Travel Assistance.” This is a 24/7 support team to call for help, to locate medical care, arrange transportation and more.
Anytime you buy insurance, you should understand its coverages and limitations before you buy. You can view details for each of Arch RoamRight’s policies, or contact our travel insurance
experts who can answer any questions you may have.
Arch RoamRight also gives you up to 14 days to review your plan after you buy. Read about our money-back guarantee for more information.
How Does Travel Insurance Work?
Quoting and purchasing a travel insurance plan is easy, and at Arch RoamRight we have tried to make the claims process simple and clear.
Follow these steps to quote and purchase insurance, as well as file a claim under your Arch RoamRight travel insurance plan:
- Place your first non-refundable trip deposit with your travel provider (airline, hotel, travel agent, etc.)
- Obtain a travel insurance quote online and purchase within 21 days after your initial deposit so that you can take advantage of important, time-sensitive pre-trip benefits. Make sure you read your policy details before you purchase to understand your
coverage, benefit limits, and time triggers.
- If you place additional deposits on your trip after you purchase your travel insurance, you can give us a call to increase your insured trip cost.
- If you must cancel your trip for a covered reason prior to your trip, or if you have a claimable event while on your trip, you can file a claim online by visiting our online claims site.
If you have any questions about how travel insurance works, or if you need assistance obtaining a quote or filing a claim, you can contact us at 800-699-3845 or at email@example.com.
When Should You Buy Travel Insurance?
For the greatest protection, you should buy travel insurance as soon after you book your trip as possible. Most travel insurance providers, including Arch RoamRight, offer extra benefits if purchased within a certain time frame. For example, if you buy
your Arch RoamRight travel insurance within 21 days of making your initial trip deposit, you'll may qualify to have the pre-existing medical conditions exclusion waived.
Get a quote online or call 1-800-699-3845 with any questions.
Travel Insurance Articles
4 Ways Travel Insurance Can Help That You Might Not Know
There are a lot of ways travel insurance can help you while traveling. Here are the four lesser known ways travel insurance can help in a pinch. Read More->
The Best Travel Insurance: How To Find It
Unsure of where to go for the travel insurance that best fits your needs? Follow these tips to find the travel insurance you needs for your upcoming trip. Read More->
The Cost of Cheap Travel Insurance
Traveling can be expensive and there are a lot of ways you can cut corners to save a couple bucks. But should you do it with your travel insurance? Read More->