Rental car insurance is an alternative to using your personal auto insurance for costs to repair or replace your rental and fees imposed by the rental agency.
Arch RoamRight’s Auto Rental Insurance Plus plan gives you the protection you need when you rent a car on your trip. Often, when you rent a vehicle, the rental company will ask you to purchase their collision damage coverage. This can leave you with very
little time to review the policy prior to purchasing.
When you purchase Arch RoamRight’s rental car insurance before you leave on your trip, you can be confident that you’ll have coverage for your rental car – long before you even approach the rental car counter. This can give you plenty of time to read
the policy and fully understand what coverages you have for your rental car.
Why You Need Rental Car Insurance
If you are traveling more than 100 miles from home and plan to rent a car, you’ll want to make sure you buy rental car insurance. Arch RoamRight’s rental car insurance policy can give you coverage for damage to the car resulting from:
- Any cause not within your control while the car is in your possession.
Looking for a full travel insurance policy in addition to rental car insurance? This rental car insurance coverage is available to purchase as an additional benefit to many of our other Arch RoamRight travel insurance policies.
Before You Buy Rental Car Insurance
Before you buy rental car insurance from Arch RoamRight, we want to remind you of a few considerations:
- This product is designed for travelers who will be going at least 100 miles away from their home for trips up to 31 days.
- Coverage is not available for travelers going to Afghanistan, Costa Rica, Ireland, Jamaica, Mexico or Yemen.
- This product is only available to US citizens and permanent residents.
- This policy does not include liability coverage.
- Coverage must be purchased prior to taking possession of the car.
- This policy does not cover taxis and other vehicles for hire (e.g. Uber, Lyft).
- This coverage is not available for rentals of trucks, campers, trailers, off-road vehicles, motor bikes, motorcycles, recreational vehicles or exotic vehicles, as defined in the policy.
- Rental car insurance is not available to residents of the states of Washington or Florida.
If you will have the rental car for longer than anticipated, you can extend your coverage by purchasing a new policy BEFORE your existing policy expires.
Schedule of Coverage and Services
Download the complete policy for your state of residency.
||Must be traveling at least 100 miles from home.
|Rental Collision Insurance
Read More about Rental Car Insurance
7 Questions You Should Ask Yourself When Renting a Car Abroad
If you have never rented a car outside of the United States, there are a few questions you should ask yourself to ensure you are fully prepared when you reach the rental counter. Read More ->
5 Tips for a Successful Road Trip
Road trips can be the best way to travel, especially with your friends. However, take it from one of our experts, you may need to follow these tips to make sure everything goes as planned. Read More ->
Tips for Driving in Europe
Driving in Europe can be much different than what you are used to when driving in the United States. This information can make the experience a little easier. Read More ->