Major Tourist Attractions: Victoria Falls, Hwange National Park, Matobo National Park, Chapungu Sculpture Park, Balancing Rock
Zimbabwe Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to Zimbabwe. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in Zimbabwe, we have several
travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
Travelers to Zimbabwe look behind the headlines to find a country with unimaginable beauty stretching across plains, forests and a 3.2 mile wide waterfall. Those who dare to venture within its borders are rarely disappointed.
English remains an official language, and with so few tourists, visitors are often shocked at the warm hospitality they receive. Once the British colony of Rhodesia, remnants of colonialism still exist but local traditions thrive in the people.
Visitors to Zimbabwe dine in Harare for an unforgettably fine meal or two, but the call to the wild is unavoidable. Whether on an overland tour through wide African plains, on a cruise over Lake Kariba, or long look at Victoria Falls, it isn’t hard to
understand why Zimbabweans are proud of their gorgeous country.
Lodging ranges from hotels and guesthouses in capital cities to camping spots and lodges found in most wilderness parks. Bring a sense of adventure with you along with your American dollar bills, as you never know when you’ll need both.
Here is a list of what to see in Zimbabwe:
- Treat your taste buds to Harare’s fine dining on dishes ranging from goat to game.
- Visit Malindidzimu Hill, a sacred spot of the Ndebele people.
- Explore the lakes and wetlands of Manu Pools, watching some of the most colorful sunsets you’ll ever find.
- Hear the thunder of Victoria Falls before walking the gorge cloaked in mist.
- Float atop of Lake Kariba in search of wild elephants, lions and more.
- Kayak or raft the wild rapids of the Zambezi River.
- Scream for your life as you bungee jump over the Zambezi.
- Fish for tigerfish and vundu in the mighty Zambezi River.
- Have a braai, or African BBQ at a guesthouse or local estate.
- Enjoy a high tea at the Stanley’s Terrace with Victoria Falls as your backdrop.
Address: 172 Herbert Chitepo Avenue Harare,