Major Tourist Attractions: Bequia, Canouan, La Soufriere Botanic Gardens St. Vincent
St. Vincent and the Grenadines Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
About St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Located just north of Grenada in the Windward Islands of the Caribbean, St. Vincent and the Grenadines is a nation of 32 islands, each one with a unique personality and authentic island charm. The country is largely untouched by mass tourism but is known
worldwide as one of the premier boating destinations.
The largest and northernmost island of the country is St. Vincent; it boasts a rainforest-covered mountainous interior that is dominated by La Soufriere, a 4,000ft tall active volcano. On the south west coast is Kingstown, the nation’s capital. With a
population of about 20,000, Kingstown is a lively town that is full of color and culture. Arches, cobbled streets, magnificent churches and historic stone buildings blend together with the lush countryside creating a wonderful contrast.
South of St. Vincent is the Grenadine island chain. The largest and most populated islands are Bequia, Mustique, Canouan and Union Island. Smaller inhabited islands include Mayreau, Palm Island and Petit St. Vincent. Be sure to visit the Tobago Cays Marine
Park located to the east of Mayreau. It’s a collection of five tiny islands, sheltered lagoons and coral reefs.
Get to know St. Vincent and the Grenadines by enjoying some of these recommended activities:
- Charter a sailboat. St. Vincent and the Grenadines is a sailor’s paradise and it’s the best way to see all the islands.
- Find a hiking trail. You can see much of the islands by foot and each corner can bring a new view of the stunning coastline and tropical countryside.
- Unplug in the Tobago Cays. This Land and Sea Park is a collection of five small islands surrounded by beautiful reef and crystal clear water. It’s been called one of the most beautiful spots in all the Caribbean.
- Experience the Cultural Crawl on Mayreau. Anchor in Saline Bay and hike up the hill to experience several eclectic bars and colorful locals.
- Visit the Turtle Sanctuary on Bequia.
- Visit a Waterfall. The west coast of St. Vincent boasts several picturesque waterfalls that make for a great day-trip as well as an excellent way to cool off in the tropical heat.
- Enjoy a tropical cocktail on Happy Island. This man-made island is located just off Union Island is a popular spot with boaters.
Address: Wildey Business Park
St. Michael BB 14006