Major Tourist Attractions: Pitons, Anse Chastanet, Marigot Bay, Rodney Bay, Sulphur Springs
St. Lucia Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to St. Lucia. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in St. Lucia, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
About St. Lucia
With its laid back Caribbean charm and miles of palm lined sandy beaches, the island of St. Lucia is perfect for sun worshipers. As well as gorgeous beaches St. Lucia has an interesting landscape full of lush rainforest. On the southwestern coast sit
The Pitons; the impressive peaks named Gros and Petit Piton are protected as part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, for those with a sense of adventure there is plenty to discover aside from sunbathing.
St. Lucia has a variety of accommodation types from all-inclusive beach resorts to rainforest hideaways. For nightlife, Rodney Bay is the place to head to for bars and live music.
Spend a whole vacation on St. Lucia or make it part of an island hopping trip. Martinique, St. Vincent and the Grenadines are only a short flight away. June to November is hurricane season in the Caribbean; the weather can be slightly unpredictable during
these months but still not out of the question for a trip.
Here are some more exciting things to do in this stunning Caribbean location:
- For water sports enthusiasts St. Lucia is ideal for Kite surfing, have a lesson at one of the many water sports schools on the island.
- Dance like a local at the weekly ‘Jump up’ street party at Gros Islet.
- Have a local Piton beer and watch the sunset at a bar in Rodney Bay.
- Climb Gros Piton on an organised tour; there are stunning views at the top of the island and of Petit Piton.
- Visit the sulphur springs and get dirty in a mud bath at the Soufriere Volcano.
- Take a stroll around the Botanical gardens full of beautiful tropical plants and the Diamond Waterfall.
- Try the Caribbean cuisine; don’t leave the island without tasting macaroni pie.
- St. Lucia’s Carnival held every July is the place to party and dance the night away to Reggae and Soca tunes.
- Head out to sea on a fishing trip, fish for Blue Marlin, Barracuda, Yellow Fin Tuna and many more species in the warm Caribbean waters.
Address: Wildey Business Park
St. Michael BB 14006