Major Tourist Attractions: Sentosa, Singapore Zoo, Night Safari, Singapore Flyer, Universal Studios Singapore
Singapore Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to Singapore. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in Singapore, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
Singapore is a tiny city-state situated on an island at the southern tip of Malaysia. It’s one of the most developed economies globally and is a major financial and business hub in Asia and throughout the world.
A former British colony, Singapore is a relatively new nation having only gained its independence in 1963. The country is famous for having some of the most elaborate and elegant gardens in the world with the National Orchid Garden being one of the most
Singapore is a melting pot of people and culture. The population of the nation is primarily made up of Chinese, Indian and Malay people. Given the mix of culture and language, English is one of the official languages and spoken by most as a common communication
language between its residents. The country is known for their stern rules and regulations that keep the city well managed, organized and extremely clean; an example is the ban on chewing gum. Like all countries in the region, Singapore has a tropical
rainforest climate and maintains the same hot and humid temperature all year around with heavy and frequent rain showers.
Singapore is the most developed country in Southeast Asia and the accommodation options are top notch. You’ll pay more for a room here than other countries in the region but the quality and amenities are among the best. The airport in Singapore is rated one of the best in the world and makes for an excellent connection point between other Asian cities with several hotels onsite and rest facilities located in the airport terminals.
There are also numerous airport amenities including free city tours on long layovers, a movie theater, an orchid garden, a nature trail, a swimming pool, a fitness center and spa services.
Here is a look at some of the adventures that await travelers to Singapore:
- Swim in the 57 story, infinity pool atop the Marina Bay Sands hotel
- Go shopping at Parco Marina Bay or Haji Lane for great boutique items
- Visit Little India to dine at one of the many Indian restaurants
- Visit Chinatown and shop at one of the local Chinese markets
- Visit the famous National Orchid Garden
- Dine at one of the outdoor hawker stands serving some of the best street food
- Visit the Singapore Zoo
- Indulge in one of the many airport amenities before, after or during a flight connection
- Try your gambling luck at either the Marina Bay Sands or Resorts World Sentosa casinos
- Take a ride or have dinner on the Singapore flyer, a 500ft observation wheel
- Explore the Singapore Botanical gardens
- Take a walk through the MacRitchie Nature Trail
- Visit the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum in the Chinatown district
Address: 27 Napier Road