Major Tourist Attractions: Nikola Tesla Museum, Belgrade Zoo, Usce Tower, Atelje 212, Belgrade Fair
Serbia Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to Serbia. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in Serbia, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
An excellent jump off point for experiencing the Balkans, Serbia is one of the former republics that comprised what was known as Yugoslavia.
Like its neighbors, the country has a complicated history but today, Serbia continues to evolve and thrive into an attractive destination for those wishing to discover Southeastern and Central Europe. Serbians are quite welcoming and although English
is something only young people speak, they are quick to help foreigners and practice the language.
Skiing is a very popular activity with numerous mountain resorts throughout the country and the summer sees many flock to the capital city Belgrade, where they can be found drinking coffee at the many outdoor cafes.
Primarily Orthodox Christian, Serbs make up the majority of the population with some influences from nearby countries. With reliable train and bus networks, a visit to Serbia can easily be combined with visits to places like Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
and even Kosovo.
Here is a taste of some of the favorite experiences in Serbia:
- Raft down the Drina River or take part in the annual Drina Regatta.
- Sip Rakia, the national and much loved drink of Serbia.
- People watch from an outdoor restaurant in central Belgrade.
- Discover Fruska Gora National Park, sometimes called the jewel of Serbia.
- Learn about Belgrade’s history and architecture on a free walking tour.
- Head to Nis to see the eerie Tower of Skulls.
- Dance the night away at a barge nightclub on the Danube or Sava rivers.
- Hop over to the nearby cities of Zagreb or Sarajevo.
- See Belgrade from a different angle by riding a full loop of tram number 2.
- Relax in a thermal hot spring.
- Carve the slopes at Kopaonik or any number of Serbia’s great ski resorts.
- Work on your tan at Strand beach in Novi Sad.
- Attend the festival EXIT in July, voted the ‘Best Major European Festival.
- Taste the ‘Serbian Salad’ known as Ajvar, red pepper and garlic delight.
- Get lost in the maze of underground tunnels at Petrovaradin Fortress.
Address: 92 Bulevar kneza Aleksandra Karadjordjevica
Phone: 381 11 706-4000