Major Tourist Attractions: Boracay, Chocolate Hills, Manila Ocean Park, Enchanted Kingdom, Banaue Rice Terraces
Philippines Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to the Philippines. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in the Philippines, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
About the Philippines
A chain of 7107 islands, The Philippines invites travelers to experience its pristine beaches, awe-inspiring landscapes, and some of the best hospitality in all of South East Asia.
Although years of control by Spain and the United States have left indelible marks – many surnames are Spanish in origin, and the country has more English speakers than Canada and Australia combined – Filipinos are a proud and patriotic people. From sensational
(and sometimes strange) cuisine, to a strong identity shaped by family and faith, to a penchant for karaoke, one thing is for certain -- Filipinos love to share their unique culture with visitors.
There’s a well-worn backpacker trail here catering to budget travelers, but there are plenty of mid-range and luxury options available as well. Especially on the rise are eco-friendly properties in more far-flung destinations like tropical Palawan and
the volcanic Camiguin Island, which some refer to as The Philippines very own “Garden of Eden.”
Here’s a taste of some of the adventures that The Philippines offers:
- Snorkel with majestic whale sharks off the island of Cebu.
- Witness the geological wonder of Bohol’s magnificent Chocolate Hills.
- Sip calamansi juice, a tasty citrus drink, on the tropical white sandy beaches of Boracay.
- Explore the untamed wilderness that is Palawan.
- Visit the active Taal Volcano in Batangas on the island of Luzon.
- Meander through the historic walled city of Intramuros in old Manila.
- Scuba dive the spectacular Coral Canyons off of Puerto Galera.
- Get soaked by the locals during San Juan Day, a festival to celebrate Saint John the Baptist.
- Marvel at the amazing man-made Banaue Rice Terraces.
- Treat yourself with halo-halo, an ice cream dessert with sweet beans, jello, and fruit.
- Hire a banca, a traditional fishing boat, to charter the unspoiled beaches and inlets of El Nido.
- Haggle with market stall owners over everything from handbags to shoes to toys at Greenhills Shopping Center.
- Test your taste buds and your stomach with local delicacy balut, a boiled fertilized duck egg.
- Ride a jeepney, a U.S. Military jeep converted into a colorful means of public transportation, through the busy streets of Manila.
- Take a boat ride through the Puerto Princesa Underground River, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature.
Address: 1201 Roxas Boulevard
Manila, Philippines 1000
Phone: (632) 301-2000