Major Tourist Attractions: Panama Canal, Bridge of the Americas, Panama Viejo, Casco Viejo, Portobelo
Panama Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to Panama. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in Panama, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
Whether you chose to enjoy city life in cosmopolitan Panama City, or escape to your own virgin island with crisp white sand and picture perfect palms, Panama is a country that has it all when it comes to fun in the sun.
Connecting the Americas, this small stretch of land with two sprawling coasts holds some of the most diverse landscapes. From Caribbean white sand coasts, to lush rainforests home to a rich eco-system of birds and animals, to the wild Pacific coastline
with resident whale sharks, there is so much to explore in Panama it is no wonder tourists end up moving here for good to become international expats.
With ancient indigenous tribes and their traditions thriving across the country, Panama’s culture is a colorful display rich in a unique history. As a haven for expats, English is widely spoken as well as many other languages. The diversity of the population
is best experienced in the cuisine. Not only will you find the Caribbean cuisine influences, restaurants range from fine French dining to freshly rolled sushi.
Just as the landscapes and cuisine, hotels in Panama are diverse and plentiful. Five star skyscrapers can be found in the Panama skyline with eco hotels and tree houses available for those who want to escape to the jungles. Planes, buses or private taxis
can take you from one coast to the next or anywhere within the cities and are easy to arrange. The hardest part is deciding where you want to go to next.
Here is a list of adventures that you’ll discover in Panama:
- Dive with whale sharks on the Pacific coastline.
- Enjoy a seco con leche, rum with milk, on a hot Panama night.
- Zip across the jungle on a canopy zip line tour.
- Go bird watching for over 800 species in Boquete.
- Hike along the Quetzal trail, deep in the rainforests of the national park.
- Watch the humpback whale migrations on the Pacific coast.
- Float your kayak and paddle Lake Gatun.
- Visit the old town of Panama, Casa Antiguo.
- Explore the caves of Madden.
- Cruise your ship through the Panama Canal or get a bird’s eye view from a scenic flight.
- Tour the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute and Barro Colorado Island – one of the most studied jungles in the world.
- Snorkel the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean and find vibrant coral.
- Visit a coffee plantation for one good cup of coffee.
- Soak in the hot spring mineral waters of Baru Volcano.
- Shop for your perfect brimmed hat in Panama City.
Address: American Embassy Panama
Building 783, Demetrio Basilio Lakas Avenue
Phone: (507) 317-5000 or (507) 317-5030