Major Tourist Attractions: Corn Islands, Masaya Volcano, Islets of Granada, Bosawas Biosphere Reserve, Apoyo Lagon Natural Reserve
Nicaragua Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to Nicaragua. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in Nicaragua, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
From the tall volcanic peaks to the gorgeous colonial cities, Nicaragua is a perfect Central American destination for those who want it all. Typically laid back, and definitely Latin American, the passion of the people and love of their country can be
felt immediately. Smiling faces are found in local markets, on dusty trails leading to the ocean and between the umbrella stands at the beaches.
Historically, the capital of Grenada is one of the oldest cities on the continent, founded after the Spanish colonized. Due to a British rule on the Caribbean coast, many locals still speak English with the mix of remaining indigenous customs and European
influence found in the classical colonial retexture and craft markets that line the streets.
Whether on a tight backpacker budget, or wanting to rejuvenate in a posh eco-lodge, the lodging in Nicaragua is diverse enough to suit your needs. Like the lodging, getting around Nicaragua has plenty of options. From water taxis and ferries to car shares
and tour buses, there is always a way to get from one beautiful destination to the next -- no matter if you’re heading to the mountains, the jungle, or closer to the beach.
Here is a list of adventures that await you in Nicaragua:
- Summit San Cristobal, the tallest volcano in Nicaragua
- Surf the perfect wave in San Juan del Sur
- Eat a typical dinner of rice, beans, meat and fried plantains
- Drink a Flor de Cana, the most popular rum brand or a Brahva beer
- Explore the gorgeous colonial streets of Grenada, the oldest colonial city in Central America
- Watch the smoke rise from Volcán Concepcion
- Enjoy the view from one of Leon’s many vistas
- Watch the freshwater sharks swim on Ometepe Island
- Trek the beautiful jungle trails to the summit of Maderas Volcano
- Discover pre-Columbian artifacts and petroglyphs in Altagracia
Address: Kilometer 5 1/2 (5.5) Carretera Sur,
in Managua, Nicaragua
Phone: (505) 2252-7100