Major Tourist Attractions: Pashupatinath Temple, Bodnath, Manaslu I, Phewa Lake, Swayambhunath
Whether you choose to climb to basecamps high into the Himalaya Mountains, relax on a safari in search of tigers and rhino, or indulge in the global culinary choices found in Kathmandu, visitors will be impressed with the variety of activities within Nepal.
Nepali may be the first language of the country, but visitors are always amazed by the ease of travelling within Nepal as many languages are widely spoken in tourist areas. From the sherpas in the mountains to the farmers in the jungle lowlands, the Nepalese are a hardworking country. However the friendly attitudes keep Nepal high on the list of travelers favorite destinations.
Nestled between India and China, Nepal has prospered with trade and travelers for centuries. Just as the ancient civilizations did before, most travel begins with Kathmandu before stretching out into either the jungles or mountain ranges.
Even on the rugged alpine trails near Mount Everest or in the riverside eco-lodges of the Indian plains, visitors can expect comfortable accommodation in the remotest of villages. International cuisine is easy to find, as well a local daal soup in most cafes and teahouses. Visitors will need time if they want to explore all of Nepal, but will be happy knowing getting from one place to another using the bus or internal flight network is easy, if not always on time.
Here is a list of adventures in Nepal:
- Join a safari in Chitwan national park, searching for elephants, rhinos, tigers and more
- Tour the Buddhist temples such as Swayambhunath or Monkey Temple in Kathmandu
- Trek to Everest Base Camp on a two week adventure
- Visit the museum of the old royal palace of Durbar Square in Kathmandu
- Enjoy the panoramic Himalayan views of Pokhara, including that of Phewa Lake
- Get lost in the market maze of Thamel, a backpacker tourist center of Kathmandu
- Camp and trek along the Annapurna Circuit, a hiking trail that rivals any in the world
- Feel miniature below the 8000m peaks of the Khumbu region
- River-raft the rapids of the Trisuli River
- Explore the medieval cities such as Bhaktapur
- Visit the birthplace of Buddha in Lumbini
- Eat yak as you search for yetis high in the mountains
- Fly into the world’s most dangerous airport in Lukla
Address: Embassy of the United States of America
Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal