Major Tourist Attractions: Atlas Mountains, Rif, Menara Gardens, Jemaa el-Fnaa, Hassan II Mosque
Morocco Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to Morocco. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in Morocco, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
Morocco is a chameleon of a country. Not only does it presents an immense variety of cultures and traditions that are tightly related to its history, but it also shows how geography plays an important role in developing its character as a country.
The majestic Atlas Mountains are one of the most prominent geographical features the country has, dividing the northern half with its more Mediterranean climate and cultural styles, from the southern half with its rolling sand dunes and nomadic culture.
With the traditional riad accommodations, the local markets in the bustling Medinas, and the spiced fusion cuisine, it is easy to delve deep into Morocco’s rich, exotic, and colorful culture.
Every major town shares the characteristic medina (old town), but they all differentiate themselves with subtle yet striking details that include: the maze-like feel of Fez streets, the stunning riads of Essaouira, the beautiful blue buildings of Chefchaouen,
and the chaotic market stalls of Marrakech, to name a few.
UNESCO Heritage sites are sprinklered all over the country, including the beautiful Ksar of Aït Benhaddou, the majestic roman ruins of Volubilis, and the medinas of Rabat, Marrakech, and Essaouira, among others.
But, beyond this, there are more sights and activities worth doing in Morocco:
- Hike and bike the Atlas Mountains
- Visit the fortified ksar of Aït Benhaddou – located in the former caravan route between Marrakech and the Sahara
- Go to Zagora and camp in the mouth of the Sahara Desert
- Walk along the painted blue houses scattered down a slope in Chefchaouen, in the heart of the Rif Mountains
- Experience the hub of life of Marrakech’s medina in Djemaa el Fna
- Marvel at the Todra and Dades Gorges, the red-cliffed sister canyons considered to offer some of Morocco’s most beautiful scenery
- Enjoy the beach in Agadir
- Visit the Portuguese city of El Jadida and its underground cistern
- Go shopping in Casablanca
- Shop and haggle in Marrakech’s medina
- Visit the roman ruins of Volubilis, Lixus, and Chellah
- See the famous locations of blockbuster movies in Ouarzazate
- Taste the fragrant stews of meat, vegetables, or fish cooked in the famous conical Tagines; as well as the Mechoui, a slow-roasted stuffed lamb or beef
Address: 2 Avenue de Mohamed El Fassi