Major Tourist Attractions: Petronas Towers, Batu Caves, Sunway Lagoon, Legoland Malaysia, Pangkor Island
To say that Malaysia is a diverse country is an understatement. In fact, everything from architecture, to culture and religion has been affected by the variety of cultures that have come to call Malaysia home. While visiting the country, you might find yourself standing next to a row of British colonial homes with a Chinese Buddhist temple on one side of you, an Indian Hindu temple on the other, and a Muslim call to prayer resounding from the loudspeakers of a local mosque.
For travelers, this diversity means that there is something amazing for everyone in Malaysia. Nature lovers will enjoy the immense rainforests and wildlife diversity of Taman Negara National Park and Malaysian Borneo, and city lovers can spend their time enjoying the modern amenities and sites in the capital of Kuala Lumpur. Culture lovers can soak up the diversity of places like Melaka and Penang, and foodies will think they've died and gone to street food heaven.
All this diversity comes from a country where English speakers should have little trouble getting around even in smaller towns. Malaysia truly is a magical place to travel. Don't believe me?
Here are a few of the memorable experiences you can have while traveling in this amazing country:
- Become a foodie at the many street stalls in Georgetown
- Explore the British colonial influence in Melaka
- Soak up some sun on Pulau Langkawi
- Visit the tea plantations of the Cameron Highlands
- Track orangutangs through the forests of Borneo
- Dive World War II wrecks off the coast of Pulau Tioman
- Contemplate the clashing of modern and traditional culture while strolling through downtown Kuala Lumpur
- Trek through the rainforest at Taman Negara National Park
- Cruise down a jungle river while searching for ancient tribes on the island of Borneo
- Get high above it all at the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, once the highest buildings in the world
Address: Embassy of the United States Kuala Lumpur
376 Jalan Tun Razak
50400 Kuala Lumpur