Major Tourist Attractions: Pamir Mountains, Burana Tower, Song Kol Lake, Issyk Kul
Kyrgyzstan Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to Kyrgyzstan. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in Kyrgyzstan, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
Most people are not aware of the existence of this small landlocked country in Central Asia. Not only has it been a country on its own for just over two decades, but it is also overshadowed by the enormous size of its neighboring countries. But don’t
let that fool you. Counting with over 2/3 of it territory as mountainous regions with gorgeous scenery, Kyrgyzstan can be considered geographically as the Switzerland of Central Asia.
Kyrgyzstan is still far from becoming mainstream among travelers due to its short tourist season and the difficulty of getting there, but if you do visit the country, you’ll see it’s all worth it.
The beauty of Kyrgyzstan is in its natural splendor and variety; ranging from pine forests, beautiful plains and lakes, snow-capped mountains, and even glaciers. But it doesn’t stop there. Locals are also among the friendliest people you’ll encounter
in your travels.
Local traditional food can also be used to understand the culture as it represents the nomadic lifestyle necessities and the harsh climate found in parts of the country.
One of the main activities to do in Kyrgyzstan is hiking, and without a doubt it must be done there. Anywhere you look, 360 degrees, you’ll see how gorgeous this place is in its most natural state and without seeing any human development for miles and
miles. If you want to get off the beaten path, this is it!
But, beyond hiking and admiring the natural beauty, here are a few more things you can do in Kyrgyzstan:
- Visit the relaxed capital city, Bishkek. Enjoy its parks and wide boulevards to get a taste of Europe in Central Asia.
- Shop and people watch at Osh Market - one of Kyrgyzstan's main attractions and one of the largest in Central Asia.
- Do the two or three-day hike from Karakol to the Karakol Valley.
- Do a day trip from Bishkek to Ala-Archa Canyon to see the impressive towering peaks and fast flowing rivers in this national park.
- Go horse trekking in the village of Barskoon by Lake Issyk-Kul.
- See the petroglyphs at Cholpon-Ata.
- Camp around and swim in Lake Issyk-Kul, the second highest alpine lake in the world.
- Eat mutton, the traditional meat served with a decent amount of fat.
Address: 171 Prospect Mira
Bishkek 720016 Kyrgyz Republic
Phone: (996-312) 551-241