Major Tourist Attractions: Okavango Delta, Chobe National Park, Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Central Kalahari Game Reserve, Mokolodi Nature Reserve
Whether you’re looking to camp out in the wild or stay in a top class lodge, Botswana has something for every traveler. Bordered by Namibia to the west, Zambia to the north, South Africa to the south and Zimbabwe to the east, Botswana is in a great position for onward travel, once you’ve tried everything it has to offer of course. Botswana is English speaking and is one of the friendliest and safest countries in Africa.
Visitors can enjoy some of the best safari viewing in the world in Botswana. Near to the border with Zambia lies Chobe National Park, home to one of the highest concentrations of wildlife in the world and more than 30,000 elephants.
Each year the water level of the Okavango River rises, covering parts of the land and creating the Okavango Delta, a series of narrow waterways and islands. Hippo help to form the waterways as they make the daily migration between the islands and the lagoons. Eventually the water evaporates away, and the cycle continues year after year, each time changing the landscape.
If you want to get back to nature, a trip through the Okavango Delta is the one for you. A mokoro is a traditional canoe, just the right size to navigate through the reeds. As you lie back and allow yourself to be punted through the crystal clear water, you’re sure to feel truly at one with the world.
Botswana is vast and sparsely populated. You can drive for miles and miles and barely see a soul, the perfect place to get away from the world for a little while. And if you’re interested in starry skies, magic awaits in Botswana.
Take a look at some of the activities offered in Botswana:
- Spot hippo and other wildlife as you take a traditional mokoro trip through the Okavango Delta.
- Camp out in the wild on one of the seasonal islands.
- Take a bush plane over the delta and appreciate the beauty of the changing landscape.
- Go on safari and see thousands of elephants at Chobe National Park.
- Get away from it all at the Central Khalahari Game Reserve.
- Fly high in a hot-air balloon over the Kalahari Desert.
- Stargaze, anywhere!
- Explore the Four Corners, a place where Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, and Zimbabwe meet.
- See a totally different type of landscape and Bushmen paintings at Northern Tuli Game Reserve.
- Take a day trip to Victoria Falls in Zambia.
- Enjoy sundowners, as you watch some of the most beautiful sunsets in the world.
Address: Embassy Drive,
Government Enclave, Gaborone, Botswana
Phone: (+267) 395-3982;
After hours: (+267) 395-7111