Major Tourist Attractions: Sandy Lane, Harrison's Cove, St. Nicholas Abbey, Kensington Oval, George Washington House
Barbados Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to Barbados. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in Barbados, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
Barbados should be on everyone’s travel list. It’s the eastern most island in the Caribbean, sitting near St. Vincent & the Grenadines and St. Lucia in the Windward Islands. With its beautiful beaches, rich history, and friendly people, Barbados is a
tourist-friendly island that loves to impress.
The west coast of Barbados offers calm, clear water which is ideal for a range of beach activities. On the other hand, the east coast with its crashing waves is completely open to the prevailing trade winds, making it a popular spot for water sports such
as surfing, kite boarding, and wind surfing.
Barbados is awash with history, arts, nightlife, fine dining, and shopping. There’s something for everyone and every budget. Getting around the island is simple, renting a car and exploring the island is a great way to see the sights. They say all roads
lead to Bridgetown, which is the capital and main city, so getting lost isn’t an issue. Also the friendly people of Barbados are quite helpful giving assistance with regards to making your way around the island.
For nightlife look no further than St. Lawrence Gap. Commonly referred to as The Gap, it’s a stretch of road in Christ Church parish which is famous for its fine restaurants, charming hotels, lively nightlife, and good shopping.
Looking for something more authentic? Then visit the fish fry at one of the local fish markets, where you can sample some of the local rum and eat the fresh catch of the day. A popular venue for tourists is to go to the fish fry at Oistins on the south
coast on either a Friday or Saturday night.
Planning a visit to Barbados? This list of activities will give travels a good taste of what the island has to offer:
- Tour the grounds of St. Nicholas Abbey. It’s one of the oldest plantations in the Caribbean (1658) and is open to the public as an historic attraction. Visitors can tour the Jacobean great house and enjoy samples at the rum distillery.
- Spend a day at Bottom Bay. It is one of the best beaches on Barbados, it is also one of the most crowded, so get there early.
- Take a Mount Gay Rum tour. The Mount Gay Rum Company of Bridgetown offers tours of and gives visitors the chance to witness how rum is made.
- Visit Bathsheba Beach. Known for its large rock formations that stand like gigantic mushrooms in the sea.
- Tour Harrison's Cave. The limestone cavern features streams, waterfalls, and deep pools.
- Explore Farley Hill National Park, a picturesque hilltop garden with historic ruins that is popular with photographers and a great setting for weddings.
- Catch the trade winds and try your hand and windsurfing.
Address: Wildey Business Park
St. Michael BB 14006