Major Tourist Attractions: St. Martin's Island, Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban, Dhaka Zoo, Lalbagh Fort, Sonargaon
Bangladesh Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to Bangladesh. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in Bangladesh, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
Despite Bangladesh being ranked as one of the most densely populated nations, it offers visitors a wealth of opportunities for outdoor adventure and serenity. You’ll find beaches, forests, thriving tribal communities, archeological sites, and more. Divided
into three geographical regions, each spot offers visitors a number of unique sites and attractions.
Bangladesh, or the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, is located in South Asia, bordered by India and Myanmar. Religion is an important part of the Bengali culture, with 90% of the population practicing Islam. The Bengali Muslims are one of the largest
ethnic groups in the Muslim world. Venture out to the hill tracts and you’ll find Buddhist and Christian Adivasi tribes, while temples in other regions highlight the influence of Hindu culture in Bangladesh.
Expect to fall in love with Bangladesh’s natural beauty and its culture. Traipse along one of the country’s more than 700 rivers, explore UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and learn more about Bangladesh’s religious influences by visiting mosques, temples,
Only in Bangladesh can you:
- Visit World Heritage Sites with Buddhist remains at Paharpur and 15th century mosques in Bagerhat.
- Spend the day at Cox’s Bazar, one of the world’s longest beaches.
- Seek out royal Bengal tigers in the Sundarbans mangrove forest, one of the largest mangrove forests in the world.
- Watch Bengali fishermen catch fish with trained otters, a centuries-old tradition.
- Drink tea in Sylhet, famous for its beautiful terraced tea gardens.
- Hop on a rickshaw to beat the traffic in Bangladesh’s capital city of Dhaka.
- Hike to one of Bangladesh’s picturesque waterfalls like Amiakum Falls or Nafakum Falls.
- Scuba dive at Saint Martin’s island, the first area to offer scuba diving opportunities in Bangladesh.
- Devour traditional Bengali cuisine like Hajir Biriyani or Nanna Miyra Morog Polao.
- Explore one of Bangladesh’s natural cave systems like Alutila at Khagrachhari or Kudum Guhu at Teknaf.
Address: Shahzadpur, Dhaka,
Phone: 880 2-885-5500