Major Tourist Attractions: Beit Al Quran, King Fahd Causeway, Amwaj Islands, Adhari Park, Bab Al Bahrain
Bahrain Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight offers travel insurance for U.S. residents traveling to Bahrain. Whether you need travel insurance to help protect the expenses you’ve paid into your vacation, or short-term travel medical insurance while you’re in Bahrain, we have several travel insurance plans for you to choose from. Get started by completing our quote form above.
Exotic, mysterious, and oil-rich, the Kingdom of Bahrain is much more than its recent wealth and growing expat population. Closer inspection reveals a nation steeped in history, and a people proud of its long and rich heritage.
Occupying an island archipelago in the Persian Gulf, Bahrain may be the smallest of the independent Persian Gulf countries, but it certainly doesn’t lack when it comes to activities.
Bahrain is also a safe and modern destination that benefits from a fairly liberal social scene.
Bahrain’s capital city Manama showcases a careful mix of modern-day high-rises coupled with traditional buildings and homes. Renting a car is the best option to get the most out of your trip to Bahrain -- its relatively small size means nothing is ever
more than a few hours drive away.
Take a look at the wealth of experience one can expect during a visit to Bahrain:
- Explore the ancient Bahrain Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Catch a glimpse into the country’s past at the ultra-modern Bahrain National Museum.
- Shop for souvenirs at the lively Bab el-Bahrain souk.
- Relax with a drink on the beach at one of Manama’s many 5-star hotels.
- Check in on the conservation efforts at Al-Areen Wildlife & Park Reserve.
- View what many believe is the world’s largest prehistoric cemetery – the Dilmun Burial Mounds.
- Stand in wonder at the Tree of Life.
- Take a peek at Saudi Arabia from atop the observation tower on the King Fahd Causeway.
- Spend an evening with the Bedouin at a traditional desert camp.
- Feed a dromedary at the expansive Janabiya Royal Camel Farm.
- Learn about Islam at the magnificent Al-Fateh Grand Mosque.
- Take windsurfing lessons at the Bahrain Yacht Club.
- Appreciate elaborately carved doors during a stroll through Al Muharraq’s historical neighborhoods.
- Cheer on the Formula One racing at Bahrain International Circuit.
- Cool down at the Lost Paradise of Dilmun Water Park.
- Admire the ornate calligraphy of ancient holy texts at Beit al Qur’an.
Address: Building No. 979
Road 3119, Block 331
Phone: (+973) 1724-2700;
After Hours: (+973) 1727-5126