The RoamRight Claims Process
Find out what to expect when you file a travel insurance claim with RoamRight.
How the RoamRight Claims Process Works
If you're filing a claim, that means something unexpected happened to impact your trip. Knowing how the claims process works can ease some of the concerns that you may have when filing a claim. Here’s what you need to know when you file a claim with RoamRight:
- First and foremost, save your receipts! When you make any purchase that relates to your travel plans or may possibly be claimed for later expenses, you’ll need to submit your receipts. Not having them can slow the claims process.
- Before you file your claim, we suggest that you review the
policy you purchased. You can find a link to your policy in the email you received at the time of purchase.
- You can visit
www.roamrightclaims.com to submit a claim, or submit one through the
My Account section of our website. You can also
download and complete your claims forms to send in by mail, fax or email. Each claim form also includes instructions and a list of the documents, such as receipts, that are required for your claim.
- When we’ve received your claim, you’ll get an email with your claim number and your claim examiner’s name.
- We may require additional supporting documents, such as copies of receipts, tickets, notes from physicians, etc.
- When we receive any new supporting documentation, you’ll receive an email notification.
- Once we have all of the required information, your claims adjuster will review your claim based on the terms and conditions set forth in your plan. Claims are reviewed in the order in which they are received, so the amount of time to reach a decision may vary.
- We will contact you as soon as a claims decision has been reached. This may be in the form of traditional mail or email. If your claim was approved, you can expect payment via check from the U.S. Postal Service.
At any point in the process, you can check on the status of your claim when you are
logged into your online RoamRight account.
If you disagree with the claims decision we have reached, you can email an appeal to
firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 443-279-2901, or send a written appeal to:
Appeals - Claims Department
Executive Plaza IV
11350 McCormick Road, Suite 102
Hunt Valley, MD 21031