What is CFAR and What Does it Cover?
Cancel for any reason travel insurance reimburses you if you need to cancel your trip for a reason not covered by typical trip cancellation insurance.
What is Cancel for Any Reason Travel Insurance?
Sometimes things happen between the time you booked your trip and your departure date. Important things – like your child’s soccer team unexpectedly advancing to the playoffs – are worth changing your plans. Or maybe this year the slopes are bare and you just don’t want to take that annual ski trip. Such an example is not a triggered reason for cancellation coverage under a traditional travel insurance plan.
That's where Cancel For Any Reason coverage comes in handy.
If there’s a possibility you may need to cancel your trip for a reason that's not typically covered by traditional trip cancellation insurance coverage, consider upgrading to Cancel For Any Reason coverage (CFAR).
Cancel For Any Reason Trip Insurance Gives Broad Financial Protection
With this optional reason for cancellation coverage, you can cancel your trip for absolutely any reason and be reimbursed for up to 75% of your non-refundable trip costs. For eligibility, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Your payment for CFAR coverage was received within 21 days of the first deposit you made on your trip;
- You insure 100% of the cost of all travel arrangements subject to cancellation penalties; AND
- You cancel your trip 48 hours or more before you scheduled departure date.
With Cancel for Any Reason coverage, you have more broad coverage than a standard trip cancellation insurance plan. For example, with CFAR, RoamRight will reimburse you for:
- Non-refundable cancellation charges imposed by the travel suppliers
- Airfare cancellation charges for flights commencing within one week of the land/sea arrangements
- If your travel supplier cancels your trip, you are covered up to the cost of the ticket or the reissue fee charged by the airline for the tickets. You must have covered the entire cost of the trip, including airfare
What Cancel for Any Reason Travel Insurance Covers
The Cancel for Any Reason upgrade gives you coverage for any reason for cancellation, as long as your documented cancellation occurs at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled departure.
Common reasons for cancellation under the Cancel for Any Reason coverage that is not covered under many traditional travel insurance plans are:
- Cancellation after a hurricane or other storm is named and is no longer considered unforeseen
- A major event – such as a wedding, business meeting, or your child’s recital – is scheduled during the same time as your previously planned trip
- You have a fear of contracting a known disease or illness, such as Zika
- You simply no longer want to go on your planned trip
Everyone’s travel plans and experiences are different, making additional reason for cancellation coverage such a CFAR a benefit appropriate for anyone.
Buy Early To Get Cancel For Any Reason Travel Insurance
You can purchase Cancel For Any Reason trip insurance up to 21 days after your initial trip deposit for the Pro and Pro Plus Arch RoamRight travel insurance plans.
Simply check the box to add this important optional coverage to your policy during the checkout process.
To help find out if this extra coverage is right for you and your trip, you can contact our customer service team at 1-855-762-6744, Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 9:00PM ET.
*New York residents have access to similar coverage called "Cancel For Fortuitous Reasons."