Adventure sports travel insurance coverage, also referred to as hazardous sports or extreme sports coverage, is an optional upgrade to some Arch RoamRight plans that provides coverage for things that can happen while participating in hazardous sports.
What sports are considered adventure sports?
Under Arch RoamRight plans, these sports are considered adventure sports and require the Hazardous Sports Upgrade in order to be eligible for coverage for claimable events that happen
while participating in these activities:
- Bungee jumping
- Hang gliding
- Ice climbing (where ropes or guides are normally used, up to 15,000 feet)
- Mountaineering (where ropes or guides are normally used, up to 15,000 feet)
- Rock climbing (where ropes or guides are normally used, up to 15,000 feet)
- SCUBA diving (involving underwater breathing apparatus – OR – if PADI or NAUI certified, to depths below 130 feet)
This list is not inclusive. If you do not see the sport you are planning to participate in listed in any of these lists, please contact our customer service team at 855-762-6744.
What does the adventure sports upgrade cover?
The Hazardous Sports Upgrade provides coverage if you become injured while participating in any of the sports listed above. Benefits will be paid up to the maximum benefit shown under the Emergency Accident Medical Expense coverage.
What sports are covered without the Hazardous Sports Upgrade?
These sports are covered by most Arch RoamRight plans and do not require adventure sports insurance:
- Bicycle touring
- Horse riding
- Hot air ballooning
- Ice skating
- Jet skiing
- Mountain biking
- Running of the bulls
- Safari tours
- SCUBA diving (involving underwater breathing apparatus – OR – if PADI or NAUI certified, to depths above 130 feet)
- Sea kayaking
- Shark cage diving
- Snow mobiling
- Trail bike riding
- Tubing on snow
- Water skiing*
- Whitewater kayaking
- Whitewater rafting
- Zip line
*Residents of New York require the Hazardous Sports Upgrade for coverage for this activity.
Are any sports not covered at all?
All Arch RoamRight plans do not provide coverage for the following sports/activities, regardless if you have the Hazardous Sports Upgrade:
- Participating as a professional in a stunt, athletic, or sporting event or competition
- Bodily contact sports
- Any race or speed contests
- Piloting or learning to pilot an aircraft
- SCUBA diving (if you are not PADI or NAUI certified)
- Skiing/Snowboarding – extreme, outside marked trails or heli-skiing
Which Arch RoamRight plan is right for me?
The Hazardous Sports Upgrade is only available on RoamRight.com as an optional upgrade with the Elite plan. This upgrade is also available with our Pro and Pro Plus plans, which is only available through our partner agents.