Does your Adventure Activity Need Enhanced Coverage?
Find out how RoamRight covers specific adventure sports activities.
Are you planning on an active vacation or going on an adventure? Many activities are covered by all of RoamRight's travel insurance plans; however some require additional coverage only available through the
Hazardous Sports Upgrade.
Please note: The information below is not an inclusive list. If you plan on participating in an activity that is not listed below, please contact RoamRight Customer Service to find out if it is covered.
This list is only intended to serve as a guide. Some coverage may vary by state. Please refer to each policy for details.
Activities covered by most RoamRight plans
- Bicycle touring
- Horse riding
- Hot air ballooning
- Ice skating
- Jet skiing
- Mountain biking
- Running of the bulls
- Safari tours
- SCUBA Diving (involving underwater breathing apparatus - OR - if PADI or NAUI certified, above 130 feet)
- Sea kayaking
- Shark cage diving
- Skiing / Snowboarding*
- Snow mobiling
- Trail bike riding
- Tubing on snow
- Water skiing*
- Whitewater kayaking
- Whitewater rafting
- Zip line
*Residents of New York require the Hazardous Sports Upgrade for coverage for this activity.
Activities covered by the Hazardous Sports Upgrade
The Hazardous Sports Upgrade is available for the following plans:
Pro Plus, and Medical.
- Bungee jumping
- Caving / Spelunking
- Hang Gliding
- Ice Climbing (where ropes or guides are normally used, up to 15,000 feet)
- Mountaineering (where ropes or guides are normally used, up to 15,000 feet)
- Paragliding / Parapenting
- Rock climbing (where ropes or guides are normally used, up to 15,000 feet)
- SCUBA Diving (involving underwater breathing apparatus - OR - if PADI or NAUI certified, to depths below 130 feet)*
*Residents of New York are not eligible for this type of coverage.
Activities that are always excluded
All RoamRight plans exclude activities that include:
- Participating as a professional in a stunt, athletic or sporting event or competition,
- Bodily contact sports
- Any race or speed contests
- Heli-skiing / boarding
- Piloting or learning to pilot an aircraft
- SCUBA diving (if you are not PADI or NAUI certified)
- Skiing / Snowboarding - extreme, outside marked trails or heli-skiing
For additional coverage questions, please call RoamRight Customer Service at 1-800-699-3845.