Houston, Texas, is the home to NASA’s Johnson Space Center, the largest international port in the United States and the 2013 NBA All-Star Game. If you’re heading to Houston this weekend to watch LeBron, Carmelo, and Kobe, or if you’re planning a trip to Houston in the future, you may want to take in a few of these additional sights and events.
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo – This weekend, the world’s largest livestock show and rodeo features the Top Hands Horse Show, a competition for physically challenged riders, and Rodeo Uncorked!, a wine and food extravaganza.
- Downtown Aquarium – Touted as “An Underwater Adventure,” this six-acre complex has more than 200 species of fish, a full service restaurant, shopping and more.
- Fabergé / Gems of the Medici – A must for history lovers and fine-art enthusiasts, the Houston Museum of Natural Science is currently featuring objects from the Fabergé collection (including two of the famous Easter eggs designed for the Romanov family) and the Medici collection, some of the oldest pieces from Italy’s Medici family.
- Murder by Chocolate Mystery Theater – This interactive dinner theater experience where the guests are the suspects is fun for the whole family.
- Houston Zoo – One of the most visited zoos in the nation, the Houston Zoo has more than 6,000 animals for visitors to observe.
For more information on Houston, visit the convention and visitors bureau website at www.visithoustontexas.com.