One of the most popular vacation destinations close to the US, Bermuda isn’t your average island getaway. Calling the North Atlantic and not the Caribbean home, it’s actually on the same latitude as North Carolina. Even though it’s an easy and short flight, its colonial past makes it feel like a world away. Of all the fun things to see and do in Bermuda, here are some of my top picks for when you visit.
1. Lounge time along the island’s famous pink sand beaches.
2. Rest your head at the historic Fairmont Hamilton Princess and learn about Mark Twain’s connection to the island.
3. Strolling around the laid back but decidedly hip town of Hamilton.
4. Learn about the quirky history of the Moon Gates.
5. Go for a Scuba dive around the island’s many shipwrecks.
6. Don’t blink, otherwise you’ll miss the world’s smallest drawbridge!
7. Hire a guide for the day and get to know the island beyond the touristy surface.
8. Enjoying local delicacies like fresh rockfish and fish chowder.
9. Get some shopping done at the Dockyards part of the island.
10. Drive to Tucker’s Point for some of the best views on the island.
11. Chow down on freshly caught fish at Wahoo’s.
12. Count how many shades of blue you find in the surrounding waters.
13. Discover the island’s colonial past at the UNESCO-listed town of St. George’s.
14. Take a ferry around the island for a completely different point of view.
15. Admire a perfect sunset from a catamaran.
16. Try out some adventure water sports, like snorkeling or SUP (stand up paddling).
17. Watch a ducking ceremony in St. George’s.
18. Delight in at least one meal at the famous Swizzle Inn.
19. Learn the real meaning behind Dark n’ Stormy.
20. Discover the English influence by (trying) to watch a cricket match.
21. Get out of the sun and down into the ethereal Crystal Caves.
22. Discover the "magic" behind the Weather Stone.
23. Enjoy dinner and some dancing at the dockside restaurant of the Waterlot Inn.
Have you been to Bermuda? What are your favorite things to do?
Note: Available plans and coverages may have changed since this blog was published.
Volcanic eruptions are natural disasters that may be covered events under Arch RoamRight travel protection plans. From minor disruptions to catastrophic events, volcanos can affect travelers around the world.
A luxury adventure traveler at heart, Matt Long shares his experiences with thousands of readers every day through his travel blog, LandLopers.com. As someone who has a bad case of the travel bug, Matt travels the world in order to share tips on where to go, what to see and how to experience the best the world has to offer. Matt is a Washington, DC based travel writer/photographer and has been featured on many other web sites and publications including BBC Travel, CNN GO, Huffington Post, AFAR Magazine and National Geographic Intelligent Travel. His work is also syndicated on the Flipboard and Pulse apps. Follow Matt on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Google Plus.
Travel smarter with travel insurance from RoamRight. Get your free, no-obligation quote online today.
View all Blog Authors
View Countries with Blogs
Sign up for RoamRight's FREE monthly email newsletter to get travel tips, tricks, news, ideas, and inspiration!
The RoamRight mark is used by Arch Insurance Company and owned by its parent company, Arch Capital Group (U.S.). Insurance coverages are underwritten by Arch Insurance Company, NAIC #11150, under certain policy series, including LTP 2013 and amendments thereto. Certain terms, conditions, restrictions and exclusions apply and coverages may vary in certain states. In the event of any conflict between your policy terms and coverage descriptions on this website, the terms and conditions of your policy shall govern. Click here for privacy notice.
Copyright© 2022 Arch Insurance Company. All rights reserved.