The Preferred plan represents a mid-tier standard travel insurance package between RoamRight Elite and Essential plans. As the name implies, the Preferred package provides coverage for most trips and vacations.
Special features of the standard travel insurance package include:
- One child (under age 18) for each covered adult can be covered under standard travel insurance at no additional cost.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage.
- Trip interruption insurance worth up to 150% of the trip cost.
- Decreased trip delay and baggage delay time limits from the Essential travel insurance package.
- Expanded maximum limits for many of the coverages found in the Essential travel insurance package.
- If you purchase your plan within 21 days of the initial trip deposit and you insure the full non-refundable cost of your trip, then you will be covered for pre-existing conditions, provided that you are not disabled from travel at the time you purchase your policy.
- An optional Cancel for Any Reason upgrade is available if purchased within 21 days of making the initial trip deposit.
Schedule of Coverage and Services
Download the complete description of coverage for your state of residency.
|Benefits ||Maximum Limit Per Person |
|Part A - Travel Protection |
|Trip Cancellation* ||Trip Cost** |
|Trip Interruption |
($750 Return Air Only if $0 displayed for Trip Cancellation on Your Confirmation of Benefits.)
|150% of Trip Cost** |
|Missed Connection and Itinerary Change (3 Hours) ||$500 |
|Trip Delay (6 Hours) ||$1,000 ($200/day) |
|Part B - Medical Protection |
|Emergency Accident and Sickness Medical Expense ||$50,000 |
|Deductible ||$50 |
|Dental Sublimit ||$750 |
|Emergency Evacuation, Medically Necessary Repatriation and Repatriation of Remains ||$500,000 |
|Part C - Baggage Protection |
|Baggage and Personal Effects ||$1,000 |
|Per Article Limit ||$250 |
|Combined Articles Limit ||$500 |
|Baggage Delay (12 Hours) ||$300 |
|Part D - Travel Accident Protection |
|Accidental Death and Dismemberment ||$10,000 |
*Not applicable when $0 Trip Cost is displayed for Trip Cancellation on Your Confirmation of Benefits.
** Up to the lesser of the Trip Cost paid or the limit of Coverage on Your Confirmation of Benefits.
If you would like to expand the protection for your trip by increasing limits or available coverage, you can customize your standard travel insurance by purchasing additional upgrades or riders. You can also consider purchasing the Elite travel insurance package, which features additional coverages and higher maximum limits for many of the coverages. Visit the RoamRight plan comparison pageto see how the Preferred travel insurance package compares to our other packages.
RoamRight representatives are standing by via live chat to answer questions about the Preferred travel insurance plan or help you purchase the upgrades that are best for your trip. We’re here to help you get the perfect travel insurance package.