Most people don’t think about it this way, but travel is an investment. It can incur a lot of expenses – so when something unexpected happens that is out of your budget, it has the potential to be financially devastating.
And there's a lot that can go wrong, depending on the trip you're planning. That’s why it’s always worth considering the benefits of a travel insurance plan. Whether you need to recoup non-refundable deposits or cover unexpected medical expenses while abroad, there is a travel insurance plan that can protect you. Take a look at these travel insurance benefits:
- Trip Cancellation – having to cancel your trip for reasons beyond your control is bad enough, but with travel insurance, at least you're financially protected up to the limit of your benefit.
- Cancel for Work Reasons – when your unavoidable work plans unexpectedly clash with your trip plans, you’ll be covered - just like with trip cancellation.
- Trip Interruption – when disaster forces you to cut your trip short, unused fees can be refunded to you.
- Missed Connection and Itinerary Change – protects you from financial loss occurring from a missed connection (such as missing your cruise because your flight was seriously delayed). Just another example of how peace of mind is the number one benefit of travel insurance.
- Trip Delay – when an extended flight delay causes you to miss a reservation or event, trip delay insurance can reimburse you.
- Emergency Accident and Sickness Medical Expense – chances are that your primary health insurance plan is limited when you travel outside of the country. Protect yourself with travel medical insurance.
- Dental – accidental injury to sound teeth can ruin your vacation. Purchase travel dental coverage to handle dental treatment abroad.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation, Medically Necessary Repatriation, and Repatriation of Remains – receive assistance with the difficult logistics and finances of evacuating or repatriating.
- Baggage and Personal Effects– missing baggage is a stressful experience and airlines have countless exclusions. A travel insurance plan can protect any piece of luggage.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) – Regular or Common Air Carrier Only – coverage for bodily injury while abroad.
- Rental Car Damage Waiver– your standard rental insurance may be lacking, but the right travel insurance plan can fully protect your rental car, plus having your coverage in one plan is a substantial benefit of travel insurance.
- Cancel for Any Reason – receive financial reimbursement when you cancel your trip for any reason beyond your control.
- Sports Coverage– golf green fees, fishing licenses, and more are covered here.
- Hazardous Sports Coverage– receive the protection you need for sports like bungee jumping, skiing, scuba diving and mountaineering.
- 24/7/365 phone assistance– find hospitals, receive translation services, file claims, and more. RoamRight is here for you 24 hours a day!
Many of these insurance options are also upgradeable. RoamRight’s underwriter, Arch Insurance Company, has an “A+” (Superior) rating from A.M. Best which means you're buying coverage which is backed by a financially sound insurance company. If you have any questions about travel insurance benefits and coverage, please contact us today. We are pleased to answer your questions.